Aw geeze this guy is SPUN!!
I really like the part where he is saying to run a 40 or 50 amp circuit using # 6 "but #4 is better" for a string of receptacles??!!?!?!?! I wonder how you would attach said #6 or #4 to a receptacle???!?!?!?!!? Pigtails?? SURE...
( I cant stop laughing!!!)

Hmmm I wonder how then my friend's entire backyard metal / machine shop ran off an old 40A stove feed with #8 cable??? Never a voltage problem, rarely tripped the feeder breaker, rarely being 3x in as many years it was there, and that was only if the lights were all on, the welder was in use, air comp was running and someone started one of the other big pieces of equipment...

Makes me think back to where I was at that Retirement home when our company wired it..
The whole building was engineered and designed by what had to be all the engineers that failed and had a lack common sence, as in our case: " A non north facing photo eye used for control of outdoor lighting will fail to work at ALL" (agreed they work best when pointed north but they will operate pointed elsewhere).. but thats the least of the problems we had. ---->The feed to the kitchen run in 3" pipe with #3 copper conductors fused at 225A were of concern, but according to the engineer " Its ok as I am the engineer and I am always right"..... The list goes on.

A.D