Thanks Trumpy for giving me a chance to write something about me.

Worked in the Royal Dutch Airforce with generators and rotary converters 380/660 Volts 50Hz to 115/416 Volts 400 Hz.

Maintenance electr. in large food chain looking after refrigeration and lighting.

Emigrated as electrician from the Netherlands in 1988 to New Zealand, I started work for the Waitemata Electric Power Board in Henderson. Done transformer rewinding, overhaul, all aspects of substation work 11, 33 110 kV, panels, ocb's, busbar additions, metering 1Ø, 3Ø and TOU , calibration and repair, cable fault locations, fault work, streetlighting, ripple plant cyclo & zellweger, planning, RMU maintenance, Generator hookups etc. Through the last 15 years we went through about 5 more namechanges and now work for SIEMENS in the utility contracting business.

Too much paperwork now these days but still an interesting industry to work in. We are desperately short staffed, any one wants to live and work in Auckland??

Hobbies: electric clocks, collecting slave - masterclocks, kWh meters, Volunteer Firefighter ( station officer ) Train spotter and traveller, plant propagator, Like reel to reel tapedecks and reel to reel music. Married with wife and 2 kids

Kind regards and I really enjoy the forums

Raymond

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.