Hi all!

I started as an electrical apprentice about 10 months ago here in Ireland and I just wanted to find out about electrical work in other countries and elsewhere in Ireland.

Since I've stared I've been doing all sorts work and I was wondering do other electricians do the same kind of work.

I've done a good range of electrical work; industrial, domestic and agricultural; all aspects - Electrical, Tv, phone, computer, alarms. I've done a good bit of plumbing work, refrigeration, air conditioning and cold/freezer room work, repairs on all sorts of industrial machines, repairs on domestic appliances. I work on my own quite a lot especially recently, probably 70% over the last two months I’ve been doing a very large house (1st and 2nd fix) on my own including the board and connections to the main isolator. A few months back I was on my own for a good while in a large butchers shop to 1st and 2nd fix also. Over the last few days I’ve been working with my boss’ son, teaching him the little I know about the job. I’m glad my boss trusts me to work on my own and make decisions about jobs but I don’t think I’m supposed to be on my own at all for more reasons than I could list.

Basically I was just wondering do other electricians do as broad a range of work or do they usually stick to a couple of things. I’m not complaining about my work, I’m glad I get to learn about such a broad range of areas. Plus I’d like to hear any tips or advice you guys could give me. Great site by the way!

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Ross