Ok, here is my dilema.....

My customers are expanding at a rapid pace. Most of them are in the high tech industry. They just keep adding stuff.....

The problem arrised when the POCO transformer burnt up outside due to the load increases.They were out of business for 2 days waiting fro a replacement. Downtime cost was estimated at close to a million. I posed the question to the POCO, about if they have a meter on the transformer and they monitor it for billing, why didn't they see this was going to happen?
All new work must have permits and calculations, and turned in to the proper townships. They therefore know the load increases on the transformers, and the POCO can see the loads at any given time, yet the sucker burnt up. The lineman tell me, basically, one hand doesn't talk to the other when it comes to a company as big as POCO's.

So....What I want to do is monitor things myself. The POCO have plans that you can subscribe to to view usage real time via the web to monitor power consumption. But this is only at the service entrance. What I want to do is monitor all the power flow throughout the building, real time. There are numerous manufacturers of wireless sub meters out there.

So I ask you guys, anyone done this before?

There is one company featured in the ECM mag, called Electro Industries that manufacture a product called the Shark 100s. It looks good but you can't read multiple meters at one time.

Has anyone ever tryed to monitor power flow from the service entrance, to each panel of a plant before? I would like to do this to help customers realize their capabilities, and to reduce unexpected downtime. And to do cost savings calculations.

Anyone have any ideas?????

Dnk....