Hmmmm, this is really gonna work out that grey matter... [Linked Image]

OK Sit #1-
i'm trying to imagine metering the panel here.
I'll wager i'll get 240/120 , with maybe the possibilty of one side higher say 135/95 . I say this as i am wondering here about the distance back to the transformer, and the solidity of the UFER, or 0 reference ( all of which sounds like a good ground ref)

The fact that there is no cold h20 bonding means, to me, that we cannot "share" this point of reference with the nieghbors who assumably use the same utility.( but not secondary as you've stated) I see this as an important point.If anything else, we've saved the water department some grief!!

I'm willing to wager that things would operate normally until a heavy load is introduced, were current needs to return.

I am thinking in terms of ground-faults & overloads here for OCPD's

I have to think more on this one...

Sit#2--
no grn @ the trans, lift the GEC @ the panel, leave all the bonds.
that can't be good....
we are relying on the bonds only for a 0 point reference.
this may still meter out ok, until a L-N load is introduced, then how does it return?
Also the OCPD is dependent on a 0 point reference for L-N , so there will probably be worse performance on ground-faults than in #1.

This is deja-va , as i was on a call just like this. There happened to be a very poor GES, and a bad noodle at the trans.

A little current could return, so the kitchen light was ok... i was getting "bit" from the panel as it was trying to use me as a nuetral.( I was leaning over the stove)

Add a heavy L-N load, and everything screwed up...

Sit #3-
No Trans connection to N @ panel....well this can't be good, but we still have that UFER !
In all situations i see a difference in OCPD performance. This would be pertinent to either ground-fault or overload.
one can function, one cannot...

This senario is commonlly the "220v ate my TV, Stero, etc" disaster. The saving grace being the UFER, and 200' of good conducatble soil, and the probability of a utility ground at the pole.

Sit #4--
well , i guess it wuld depend on the area the lightning strikes?

I'll add more, my brain hurts right now... [Linked Image]
damn good senario here Scott!