My next door neighbor approached me several weeks ago to ask if I would be interested in handling the electrical portion of his basement finish. Being the neighborly type I said no problem. He said the carpenter contractor across the street would handle the framing. I said, "Let me know when you framed and I will get the rough-in done right away."

Well, the neighbor approaches me the other day to tell me that his sister, the carpenter/electrican handled the framing and pulled all of the NM cable BUT she doesn't want to terminate the cable in the panel.

He wants me to examine what she has done, terminate the panel and trim out all of the devices.

BTW, NM cable is not code in my area.

I am pissed off. If she wants to play electrican than hats off but don't pick which part of being an electrican you want to be. If you aren't comfortable terminating the panel maybe you should be doing something else.

I guess I am good enough to finish the job BUT not worthy enough to handle the job from start to finish.

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to do any work in his house because of this situation but he is my next door neighbor.