Stan, Estimating in residential new construction is like walking a kitestring over hell. You're always either too cheap or too high and you don't know which from one job to the next. I learned how to price my jobs the hard way. Starting out, I agonized over every job I didn't get and kicked myself for working so cheap on the ones I did get. To make any money I had to go code minimum and run my wife all over buying the cheapest materials available. I finally decided there were some things I just wouldn't do, like wire to bare-bones code, and I set a price I just wouldn't go below. I wasn't charging top dollar but I wasn't low-balling either. It wasn't long before I was busier than I wanted to be. The cut-rate guys who were getting the low bid started thinning out until they have all but disappeared. Cutting corners and doing sloppy, sometimes non-compliant work, and not being around to finish punch lists finally caught up with them.
I charged $30.00 an opening plus $950.00 for a 200A service(add $250.00 if disconnect is required)and supplied no light fixtures except recessed light housings and bath fan/lights @ cost plus 15%. I used Leviton BR-15 backwired recepts. and comm grade switches. I only install copper buss panels. Extra home runs pulled to the crawl and attic for the inevitable add-ons at the end of the job. Plenty of lights in the attic for the insulating crew and in the crawl for the HVAC and plumbing guys got me lots of referrals to other GCs from the other tradesmen. It didn't take GCs long to find out that I may cost a little more but the quality was worth it. Not to mention that I could be counted on to be there when I said and be finished when I was supposed to be.
In short, figure a price you can make money with and stick to it. You don't want the jobs if you'll only be paying yourself minimum wage. You'll find yourself either loosing money or cutting corners or both.