I have a group of DeWalt 24-volt tools; a hammer-drill, reciprocating saw, and circular saw. The batteries can be replaced with a plug-in battery eliminator for those times you have power available.

We have a total of six 24-volt batteries, two chargers, and two battery eliminators; no waiting. I have developed the habit of immediate recharging, and putting the dead battery back in the tool otherwise.

I also have a Bosch rotary hammer, an SDS-Max, that I have rod drivers for. It will sink a 1/2" rod in about 15 seconds in most soil, and has never taken over a minute, no matter how firm the terra firma.

I also have a Milwaukee D-handle drill with the removable 90-deg. head, and just bought the 30" extension with the 33-deg. angle head. I can't wait for our next rough-in. Good-bye ladder drilling!

Plus, a B&D 2-speed 6-volt rechargeable screwdriver, a T-handle 18-volt drill, a Skil worm-drive circular saw, a RotoZip, a portable shop-vac, a 5.5Kw generator, an air compressor, and framing-, trim-, and palm-nailers.

Almost forgot: I also have a 2500-watt (cont.) power inverter in case we have plenty of 12-volt power and no 120-volt. It'll drain a vehicle battery rather quickly if you don't run the engine.

[This message has been edited by Larry Fine (edited 11-05-2005).]

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com