You can eventually'retire' the metalwork when you move on into sensible pastures, ( like suddenly you start yearning for pullovers and saying "Oh, that's a nice Volvo, we could get all the kids in that.")

Tatoos however- you've got a lifetime to regret those, especially the utter crap artwork of third-rate practitioners. My beef on site clothes is all those guys in shorts. Quite apart from the ghastly short fat hairy / horrid long spindly shiny bald legs, shorts provide no protection from minor scrapes, chemicals or for that matter, melanoma. That saying about not judging a book by the cover? - go to a bookshop and see how many books have a plain jacket or cover. None! Why? 'cos they don't sell!
First impressions are often last impressions in business.
As to me, no tatoos, no rings, no gold, - nothing. Not interested in fancy duds or fashions or weird haircuts or mobile phones with cameras. When I go out, I shave and put on clean clothes and clean shoes. I don't even wear a watch.
I like fast cars though, and still like to look at beautiful dames!- That's OK: Look at the menu, but don't order anything!

Alan

Wood work but can't!