Reno' thougtht of you today as I slipped my foot behind my bender as I bent in the air... "Crutch tp.... Hmmm."

Anyway, Electure you mentioned a 'bender test' for hiring... This is an experiance I had years ago, and ends funny...

I go in for an interveiw, the guy wants me to sit for a short written test, just a few general knowledge questions etc. Then in the garage of the shop he has two boxes mounted to the wall and a low cieling... All of the KO's are out, and he says, "You can go in any direction you want, bend some 1/2" from there, to there. I'm gonna look over your test, and come see me when you're done." (All of anything you might need was sitting in a box, and there was plenty of pipe in a rack next to it.) So I do it, I get hired.... I'm working there for about a year, and one day, I show up at the shop, and there's a guy at the table nervously taking the test. So I tell him, "Hey don't worry, we all took that, and theres no trick questions..." And I go in to see the boss. He says, "Did you see that kid out there? This ones gonna be good! This guy wants $30 an hour... Just hang out while I get him set up..." He goes out, and comes back, and opens a cabinet in his office, and theres a CCTV monitor of the shop trained on where this guy is standing. I asked how long he had that there, he said he always had it there... "You didn't know... I watched you too. I guess you cant see the camera out there, its buried behind a lot of crap..." So we're watching this guy... He dogs a bx off-set badly, cuts it off, and looks for a place to stash it... Starts again, makes a 90, but not quite, tweeks it by hand, and kinks it. Folds that in half, looks around, stashes it under a truck! Starts back, realizing there may be only a certain number of sticks in the pipe, goes back to the bosses van, pulls out a new stick! (Leaves the carrier open!)Myself and the boss are rolling! Starts again, gets almost there 15 minutes later, and cuts too short to make it to the box. He drops the pipe, and walks out... Boss says as he's catching his breath... "Theres someone I don't have to fire down the road!"

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason