Well it has been a looooong time since I have been here and see the site and you guys are doing well.
I am in Texas just outside of Dallas . I am working for a large company and one of their test questions is
How many outlets can you put on a 15 amp circuit? I am talking recepts.
I need to settle an argument and my stance on it is that there is no limit to how many outlets you can put on a 15 amp circuit if you want to put a hundred on it you can but the load on that circuit can only be about 12 amps which is about 80 per cent .
If you had a 100 motors that only pulled 1/10 of an amp you could put all of them on one circuit.
The guy giving the test says that you can never put more than 6 outlets on a circuit and that this is an industrial standard.
I have never heard of such a standard and now there are 2 masters telling me the same thing . When I ask thenm to show me a code on this they say it is based on volt amps which as nothing to do with the number of outlets
So am I wrong here or am I just missing something for now they are saying I have answered the question wrong.

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 10-16-2005).]

MAY THE SUN SHINE ON YOUR FACE IN THE MORNING AND YOU AWAKE WITH A SMILE