Yeah, eBay is pretty good at fighting against bad sellers (and bad bidders) as well.

I had one incident when I was selling some high-end audio amplifiers. I had eight of them listed and one buyer wanted all eight of them! Sounds great, right? Well.....

Each amp had a total shipping weight of 40 lbs., so I had stated in the auction text (twice) that I would not do any C.O.D. on these items. This chap wanted them sent C.O.D., I sent him an email reminding him that they cannot be sent C.O.D. due to the weight. (Final price with shipping was around $350.00US each.) He insisted that I had to send them C.O.D. because the payment summary at the top of the page said C.O.D. was one method. (That summary carries over from previous auctions by a seller and is sometimes overlooked in the auction set-up process.) I reminded him that the rules on eBay state that the text of the auction superceed any other information.

Well, he of 450+ feedback (a few negatives) puffed up and insisted that if I did not pay him to cancel his bids he would leave negative feedback for me, but if paid him he would leave a positive.

Well, can we say extortion, boys and girls? [Linked Image]

I sent a copy of his emails to eBay along with the link to the auction. eBay ruled in my favor and banned this bidder from the site. (Did I mention the guy was a doctor?)

This was the only bad experience in over 110 transactions.

I also have a 93 all positive rating, with about 17 or so repeat transactions. (Repeat business from either a seller or buyer doesn't count toward your total feedback rating.)

It's in the way that you use it.... (wasn't that a song?)

Stupid should be painful.