Now Trumpy why be so hard on these young electricians that are up and coming in the trade? Did you not need help when you were learning?

Any veteran electrician that has had to trouble shoot an ice cube rely control center knows that with out a doubt that the easiest way to find the problem and get a plant up and running is post the problem on the web and some one will tell you the answer.

Isn’t this the best way to troubleshoot a problem?

Here is an easy math problem to help a good trouble shooter get started. I have a plant that has 25 employees. This plant is set up on an assembly line so if anything goes wrong with a piece of equipment the whole plant comes to a stand still. The average pay for the employees is $14.50 per hour? How much will it cost me in labor should I have equipment down time?

The repair person should have the knowledge to have the plant back in operation as soon as possible. This is why as an instructor I will have my classes solve problems from day one to graduation. A problem such as the one above is the first one I give them. They need to have an understanding that should they have a chance at this responsibility they need to know that the owners are paying over $6.00 per minute in down time. They learn that their knowledge is their greatest asset. Their ability to solve this problem quickly is why they are there. Check this link for a idea of a good troubleshooter. It is obvious that the best man for the job was called for the repair. When you look at this link look at the date it is posted.
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005239.html

I have no problem answering a question for someone that has posted their problem and their answer to let everyone see their work and possible errors. I will not freely give an answer to a question that I think is an assignment!
[Linked Image]

Mike