Everyone has had sheetrockers cover their boxes. That's apparanently a sad fact of life. I had something happen today that I have never seen before:

I went to a renovation where a barn had been converted into an apartment. We got upstairs and discovered that five of our upstairs switch boxes and one of our receptacles had been covered. There were only a total of six switches upstairs, so we figured the rockers had to have known they'd covered stuff but they were just too lazy to try and find it and cut the sheetrock open.

It turns out that all five switch boxes and the one receptacle box had been properly cut in, and then each box had then been individually taped closed, mudded and sanded smooth. Just as neat as if it was an accidental hole in the wall that had to be repaired. I figure if they had to do a standard two coats, we're talking a least an hour and a half of extra work to manage to screw this up.

The sheetrockers are long gone, so I'll never know what in the world was going through their minds. It really did leave me totally speechless. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

-John