OOOoooH, I am a bitter man today!

PM shows up at a job today, and mentions that one of our employees is leaving...
I think to myself, 'good riddens, he's horrible, sloppy, slow, smells bad, inexperianced, has no attention to detail and lacks integrity.' When he was hired, I wanted to get rid of him, residential he's mediocre at best, on the two commercial jobs I have had him on, I have had to repremand him for saying, "I don't know much about commercial." Out loud in front of customers! He bends pipe very poorly at 10' a day! Knows about enough control work to get him in trouble, and nothing about commercial phone systems.

He's leaving, why am I so mad? He got a Maint. position at a complex of buildings that our company offices are in, that the company has done non-stop TI's and other work in for years. He will be responcable for QC in those buildings I do work in. He, in a round about way, WILL BE MY BOSS!

Not that I posting to gripe, but has anyone ever dealt with such a thing? It's like your worst employee becoming a city inspector.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason