Zero, I'm curious now if I have been "code-busting" as I installed wallpacks with MC. I need to look at what the fixture calls for as far as temp. rating next time. I have seen the brittle wires, too and don't want to leave any more messes behind me. Wallpacks are one of those items that just don't seem like they design them with ANY thought to the installer.

Renosteinke, I really like your idea about the strut and spring nuts. It gives you the chance to get a solid mounting platform without holding the heavy fixture awkwardly up with one hand. Box above/below the wallpack with LT whip is a real good way to get the THHN to high temp wire changeover made, and I like the accessibility of the box part of it , too. Not all customers I have had would want to see anything but the light, though. Want that clean, uncluttered look, and may not even want the strut.

Of course it's never an excuse for poor workmanship,(definately a cause, though) but construction schedules and the "push, push, push" mentality of GC job supers makes it hard to treat many of these projects the way you like to.

[This message has been edited by poorboy (edited 07-02-2005).]