No matter what, when it is time to put conduit in the ground the digging crews seem to want the quickest and easiest way out. I hate not being in total charge of the situation on any job, and working with dirt contracters is one of those situations. Not that they are bad guys or anything but it always seems that I am asking for the world if I try to avoid having a job end up like this. You were prob. fixing someone else's work, Iwire, but at the time they installed it I bet the diggers had to "get it buried" and nobody had bothered to figure out the lay of the land to avoid this future problem. It never seems worth it to dig a very elaborate trench to them, "That gonna' work for ya'" is what I always hear.

One of the hardest things for me as an electrician is to try and alert someone to a possible important design flaw without feeling like I am holding everyone up or trying to be a know-it-all. Schedule drives everything but it is still important to know when to speak up. We do a lot of commercial underground conduit infrastructure and believe me, sometimes you gotta take charge of the dirt contracters.