Good morning everyone. I found this forum yesterday and think it's the best on the net for electrical contractors. So first off, thanks. I have a couple of questions and hope that this is the right place.

I've been working with my dad as an electrician going on 2 years now. He's been a licensed electrical contractor for 20 years and is teaching my brother and I the business. Until just recently I hadn't even heard about the certification requirements imposed by the State. Since this directly affects the path we head my questions are:

1. Does it seem likely that they will extend the certification deadline from the 1/1/06 date? From my research I understand that there are approximately 100,000 electrical workers in the state. According to the states website only 27,000 have been certified since this bill passed in 2001 I believe. Seems like a lot of certification outstanding to enforce something where the majority fall outside.

2. If they do enforce the certification on 1/1/06 what options do my brother and I have? I understand that we won't be able to work with my dad until we're certified but wonder where we would get the experience if we can't work. Seems like a Catch-22.

Thanks for your input on this issue as it is a little concerning to us.