Here in the Phoenix, AZ metropolitan area we use a lot of mc cable. Our company uses the snap-tight mc connectors by Arlington industries exclusively. [Linked Image from aifittings.com] The labor savings alone make up for the cost. I remember a post a long time ago about this and someone copied 320-40 on it. I don't have the exact code on me but in there it states. "If the mc connector that you are using already has an insulated red throat. that protrudes past the head of the connector and that an inspector can visually see, than you don't need an anti-short". I believe that the type of mc connector that the originator of this topic is using has an insulated red throat.
My theory is why use an anti-short when it really is not doing anything in there. Like the first post states there is no clamp tightening down on the metal jacket. I leave the clear plastic around the conductors, then slide the connector over, snap the mc cable in the connector and then remove the clear plastic. So in essence, the clear plastic can serve as an anti-short.