Actually, Volts has taken just over two years to write and has just over a half a million line of code. With the next version, you'll be able to layout a circuit either from the worksheet grid, or the Panel Layout module, or a new, interactive one-line diagram module. Any modification or addition to any of the 3 modules will automatically update everything in Volts. From there we'll be adding dxf export for CADD users, short circuit analysis, motor protection coordination and arc flash analysis. Although this version of volts will be selling at a higher price, it will still be cheap considering the time that it saves you. Volts currently prints all the reports, drawings and schedules that you need for licensing, inspection and PE approval. With an average job taking about a half and hour to complete, $500 is a very cheap price and should pay for itself in the first or second job.

Our goal is to produce the most powerful design build software available (more powerful that the $10,000 - $15,000 software products currently available) at as reasonable a price as possible.

I'd like to also note that NEC Digest reviewed Volts last September.

If you’d like, now that I’m registered with this board, I’d like to stick around and see if I can help anyone out.

Thanks,
Diver Dan
Dolphins Software Team Member

Dolphins Software