Hello! I've been looking for a site like this since I got into the trade, excellent advice and topics. I notice after reading through the forums that most folks here seem to take pride in answering questions as accurate as possible, which makes for time well spent and a growing relable info base.

Anyway I have been working in this trade for 5 years total, I have had my Journeyman's level fitness card for one year(Alaska-8000 hours.) I have worked mainly in the Arctic. My apprenticeship was pretty informal, lots of hours on the job- little formal instruction in theory and the like but a good amount of installation instruction plus enough NEC to get by. I now find myself in the oilfield doing service-calls and retro-fit-upgrade stuff, especially Auto or manual transfer switches, X-formers, Generators and the like. I have to say I'm a little intimitaded by the size of some stuff I'm working on 400-1200 amps and higher and the "crappy" workmanship I come across. Enough background-I'm heading back tommorow anyway. My question is what would you more expierienced vets expcect a 1st year journeyman to know? Where you guys/gals at skill wise your first or second year has a journeyman? any advice on how to keep yourself in check and not get overwhelmed with all the added reponsibility?- Thank you all in advance!