For new construction we get about $85. Maybe it's on the low side. Cutting in remodels $100-120. Depends if it's an open attic, or 1st floor with wire fishing. With many cans in a room we go on the lower side. People don't understand it can be hard to drill and fish a few can to the 4 corners of the room. But if the cans are spaced 3-4' apart it's not as bad (and more money).

For cutting in cans we also charge $60-75 each swiitch leg we need to run from the switch to the cieling.

We also use Juno cans. They are not cheap but they are reasonable quality. I tell the customer that those off brand trims the other guy might use discolor over time. It helps if they have an existing yellow trim you can point to. Then I show them mine and say see it's not cheap plastic. Also tell them how the cheaper cans are not air tite (if it matters in the case) and yours are which makes them more energy efficent and the house less drafty.

Mabe tell them that you can layout the cans better than the outer person and how that will make a differance. Tell the there could be a differance in amount of wall damage between you.

Like someone elce said about loosing a sale "It's not that your price is too high, it's because you failed to sell the customer".

Tom