OK, heres the situation.
Customer of mine has a 100,000sq/ft shop. 30' cielings with 400w MH low bays. (wrong lights to begin with, and I didn't sell them to him)

He is expanding, taking over the building down the street. 23,000sq/ft 16' cielings.About a year ago he started taking the building over and we installed 18 400w low bays in the area he took over. very nice and bright over there for assy. of small parts and some machines. Now he is waiting for the tennant of the new building to leave so he can take the whole thing over. Right now, he took over another small area.

He and his workers always complained about the lighting in the orginal building, like I said 400w low bays in a 30' cieling. It has maybe at best 30 ft/candles at the floor. I talked him into buying 1000w MH high bays, to replace the 400w Low bays and move the 400w low bays to the new building next door.

So in a sense, the 400w low bays are free. Now I have to make these work over there. There is no sense in buying new 400w lights that are 208. I can use the 400w and either buy new ballasts for them or buy a small 480 transformer to power these lights. The latter seems like a better option.

The orginal above post of mine should of said 3kva, not 1kva. I should of reread that and caught it.
Anyhoot, back to the supplier thing. They tell me no-one makes a 3kva or smaller single phase transformers. Yet a 3kva 480V transformers are listed in my reference book, with a load of 6.25a.

I assume someone makes them, maybe my supply house doesn't deal with a manufacturer who does, but I gotta believe someone does.

I take it no-one has done this before, and if so, does anyone know of a manufatcurer who makes one this small.

This is a temp thing. Like I said, when the tennant finally gets his **** completly out, I will have (36) 400w low bays to put up. After we put up (36) new 1000w high bays. Then we can go the route of a larger 3 phase transformer, for all the lights and machines, but for now, these new 7 lights are the only 480 needed. The tennant needs another year to move.

WHEW, any ideas from you guys now.

Thanks for listening.....