I often wonder why I spend so much time learning code and theory when the poco gets to call the shots and it's normally against everything i have been taught. I deal with four different pocos in this region but 90% of our work is supplied by two here locally.

One of the companies is a dream to work with. I say I need 15KVA 480/277 3ph xfmr bank, they say no problem. Meet the engineer, sight the line, it's a done deal.

The other poco tells me what they're going to bring and how far they will bring it (and 99% what they deliever is undersized).

I called today and said I needed to get an order written on a a job so they could move forward on getting the pole and xfmrs set up. I requested a 120/208Y for a 400A UG service. They then told me it would have to be a 120/240 open delta. I said "hey I have plans that show a Y system and I priced it as a Y system blah blah blah".

My request got denied. I guess it might be penny pinching by management. I don't know. I was just wondering if you guys have to play these games too?