Hello
I live in MA and recenly got my licence. I've worked for a few different guys doing service upgrades and new services as well as many other things. My question is about where the grounging electrode should be terminated.(Residential 100A + 200A Services) On some jobs we've terminated the GEC from the (one or two) ground rods in the meter socket. The neutral lugs have a seperate spot for a smaller wire. Other times we've used 1/2 in. pvc and an LB to enter the house and terminaded in the panel. We also ground the cold water piping system with a seperate wire. I was wondering why it is allowed to terminate in the meter socket. Your only allowed to bond the grounding electrode system to the neutral in one location correct? I didn't think the meter socket was concidered a disconecting means. All work was inspected and passed. I think you should terminate in the panel but then why do they have that seperate lug in the meter scocket and a 1/2in. ko in the botom of it? Also I've heard that some towns require bypass type meter sockets. What is the purpose?
TIA for any info.