I have been asked by the Mayor (small town, 5,500 population), to arbitrate a problem between his housing inspector and the installing EC. The inspector does it all, general building, electrical, plumbing, sewage disposal, grading, etc. BTW, there is an animosity between the two that goes back in time.
I have known both of them for 10-12 years, and that is why the Mayor requested my assistance. He doesn’t want the city to be involved in litigation which the EC has implied.
Here is the gist of the controversy in an unfinished basement:
1. Security system, dedicated circuit, instructions say “Not recommended for GFI protected circuit”.
Inspector wants GFI.
2. Satellite TV distribution system, dedicated circuit, again GFI circuit not recommended.
Inspector wants GFI.
3. Satellite Internet service distribution center w/wireless network system, dedicated circuit, no GFI.
Inspector wants GFI.
4. Water softener, dedicated circuit, no GFI.
Inspector wants GFI.
5. Three double-duplex general use recepts on GFI CB.
Inspector wants GFI feed-thru outlet in first box.
6. Five duplex on GFI CB.
Inspector wants GFI feed-thru outlet in first box.
7. Sump pump, dedicated circuit, no GFI. County health says No GFI.
Inspector wants GFI.
8. Central Vacuum system, dedicated circuit, no GFI.
Inspector wants GFI.
9. One double duplex for two treadmills and TV. Booklets say no GFI for treadmills.
Inspector wants TV removed from recpts supplying treadmills and placed on GFI circuit.

My first opinion is that the housing inspector is incorrect but I would like to get these two gents to an amicable agreement without assigning blame to either. Any ideas would be appreciated. (Meeting scheduled for 29 December @ 2:00 P.M.)
Sam