The alarm job I talked about earlier is kind of giving me an education. I endeavored to upgrade an existing alarm type system, which had a 120 volt a/c to 15 vdc converter, that fed normally opened door contacts, then fed back to an alarm. The door contacts were broke and I replaced them, plus added other door contacts throughout the facility, and also added 2 more 12 vdc sirens and 1 more internal alarm. Since this didn't go through a control panel, the full load of the alarms went through the contacts. I didn't realize how much of a load was going through the contacts, until I mounted one of the last ones before fininshing the job, or so I thought [Linked Image] The last door contact welded itself together when I tested the alarm again. Hopefully I can remedy this situation, by going through the door switches, then letting the return wire energize a 12 vdc relay, and breaking the main 12 vdc through the contacts on the relay, thus allowing the load to flow through the contacts on the relay, instead of the contacts on the door. The contacts on the relay are rated 7.5 amps, and I will only be pulling 4 amps on 15vdc. The coil itself only pulls 1.5 watts verses the 60 watts that the contacts were loaded to. Is there anyone with any other suggestions, to my dilema here. Wonder if I'm missing something about this set up I'm thinking about doing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.. Steve