Over here in the usa east coast new jersey area lol , its all nm. I understand making the green off running pipe but its got its ups and downs, its great to pull in but it sucks when you gotta come back and old work in an outlet. Where as nm we fish it in where ever. Theres not to many places i cant pull a line in pretty quick? Besides i mean i know someone who worked the mid west doing pipe work in res. and they were taking a week a house. Thats alot of time i mean we get 1 day with a mech and a helper to rough in a large home. When you can do 6 a week times how ever many crews you got out there, theres your profit. And i mean theres time when your doing town homes where your doing 2-3 a day with a couple of guys.
WEll to also say its cheap stuff, is not true if it is used properly it will be fine. the burn through yes is meant as far as friction from rubbing against other lines. ON the flip side we use alot of nm and i think pipe (emt)is over kill in res. work and thats part the reason homes are getting so expensive anymore from over kill like such!

[This message has been edited by NJ Wireman (edited 11-18-2004).]