Hi, I have a quick question for anyone who might know this:

When I hook up more than one speaker to one channel of an amplifier (I'm thinking in series at the moment), do you actually get a "Change in the sound coming from the speaker"... and I don't mean change in the volume or SPL of the sound that comes from the speaker. So to rephrase the question another way:
Minus the change in "Loudness" (from a speaker) that has been hooked up in series... will the actual sound of music coming from that speaker be either more bassy/less bassy/ or have more/or less treble to it?

That was the question... if you already know the answer, I'd love to hear it. If you are wondering why I ask, here is what brought up the question.
I have two 450-watt (max) 4-ohm full sized speakers (3-way, including a 15-inch sub). I recently purchased a rack-mount amp for the speakers, but before I was using that I used the 120-watt/channel home stereo amp. The rack mount am (as stated per the user manual) is now sending about 750 watts per channel (at 4 ohms) to each speaker. Whereas I used to turn the highs up to match the lows (for music mixing) on my mixer, now the highs (coming from the speakers... with the rack-mount amp) are REALLY high, forcing me to cut the treble down to about 60-50% of normal. Thats fine and all I guess, but I was thinking maybe if I hook up my other 250-watt max each (at 8-ohm) tower speakers to this amp (and run the speakers in series), raising the total resistance to 12-ohms, maybe that would help solve my really high highs issue (by better matching the wattage from the amp to the wattage the speaker wants). What do you guys think. In advance, I'd like to thank you for your time [Linked Image].