Hi,
I looked at a job today that is a modern log home. it seems the builder installs the raceways and cuts the holes for the outlets etc.

this is a two single family home with a walkout basement. around 4000 sq ft total.

the service is located around 100 feet from the home.

i have done a few log homes but it was back in the early eighties and i can remember that there was a lot of drilling and boring and fishing cables and there was a lot of wiremold boxes installed on the suface of the logs.

these logs are cut at a mill and fit together with a tongue and groove type joint. the interior of the home is stud walls. i would probably use metal masonry boxes for the cut out holes...shallow and deep..this way the box can be secured in the wall..

i am thinking that this would be a little higher than a regular stick built home.

cable/data/tel extra..

about 10 recessed cans and 10 undercounter lighting (puck type)..ceiling fans in all rooms except bath and hallway.

total electric..

i was wondering if anyone had any experience on one and what one may suggest for a price per sq ft or opening.

i was thinking $8K for the job that would include a 200A service and no light fixtures.

thanks for any comments or suggestions.

sincerely,

mustang