Hi,
So far some interesting replies. I think in todays world you have to remeber to "LIVE AND LET LIVE". We are all Americans. There has always been and always will be the LITTLE guy. That is called COMPETITION. Some little guys do not keep a place to meet and greet the public. Most small guys will start out of their garage or a storage shed. I am a LITTLE guy. LITTLE guys get to be BIGGER guys. The age of the average electrical contractor is between 40 and 50. That means a lot of you older hands are slowing down or getting ready to sail off into the sunset.

The little guys need to be able to survive in todays economy as well as you big outfits running 5 service trucks and 10-20 hands.

The guy who has a license and is doing honest work and following the laws is not doing anything illegal. Their is a big diff in the a guy sitting downtown with a $800 dollar a month office, a $50 dollar a month phone bill, a truck payment, liability, workmans comp, advertising, insurance, electricity, gas, water, internet, web site, business machines, office expenses, trying to keep customers happy, making appointments, returning phone calls, bidding jobs, running parts, getting permits, listing to clients, that is a just few things different...

this is the reason for the differences in the cost of 200A service installed in White Hall, Ar VS New York City or San Franscisco.

A person who can get out there and drum up his own lively hood sleep at night and stay out of jail doing is OK in my book!

-mustang

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 09-19-2004).]

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 09-19-2004).]