Originally posted by pauluk:
You have friends over here praying for America.

I just saw the BBC news of the crowd gathered in almost silence outside the U.S. Embassy in London.

One British World War II veteran arrived with flowers, dressed in full military uniform. Talking to a reporter he said, "Because America helped save us during the war. They are our friends." That really got to me.....

One of the nice things about traveling by air in the U.S. is the relaxed atmosphere without the all the horrendous security checks that we've had over here for years. It's a sad day for the everyone that this will now inevitably be gone forever.

One thing I do know, however, is that the sort of cowards who harm innocent people in this way will never break the American determinaton to get through and survive any adversity.

My travels and the time spent in your country showed me that the American pioneer spirit is still strong today. That is one of things that I love about America.

No terrorist or act of war will take that spirit and determination away from you.

The most prophetic statement to come from the attack on Pearl Harbor, was said by the enemy, and I am sure everyone has heard it, but sometimes it helps repeating, " I fear for all we have done is to awakened a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve". This said, we will come back from this just we did when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and this nation will come back together and stronger than ever, they just never learn, 'you just dont piss-off the gaint. God Bless America.