I have had many contractors tell me that they did not see that in the specs even when the drawings specificatlly refer them to the specs on that item, and somebody on that side of things is almost always garanteed to lose. DO NOT ignore them. The bummer is we lose also, time to see things being done correctly, stress, and not wanting to be a hard nosed pain.

I do my best to make sure specs pertain to the job (unless the job is very minor and then the electrical specs are a 1-2 page generic do things by code, follow the plans, and use new stuff). What irritates me most are those who I verbally warn at an early stage before work is done to bond metal junction boxes or some other simple code issue, who don't, OR, contractors who never gave their subs the specs.

What pleases me most is to work with the many whom I never have to worry about. Who come to me for clarification, go the extra mile or even just do the job to the minimum. Who even come to me with corrections to errors that I have made. I wish that I always had these on the job working for me.

Thanks to all of you who are like this.

Shane