I recently moved my woodworking machines from a large residential garage into a commercial shop building. All machines are single phase 230 volt. The shop has 3 phase power as well as "220" single phase outlets. Things seemed to be working fine for a few weeks then my dust collector wouldn't come up to speed and everything else was running under-powered. I swear it all ran fine until I turned the machines off to answer a phone call. I metered the outlets and the panel and I get 122 volts per leg, but only 214 across the legs. Same thing at the panel. My old shop at home gave me readings of 122 volts per legand 244 across the two which made sense to me. Why am I getting only 214 at the new shop? I replaced the circuit breaker, filed the contacts and all wire is at or above code for the runs/amps of the motors. My shopmate thinks that the utility company has transformers at the pole that are only supplying 208 volts cause "that's what older machines ran at." and it's up to me have my machines tweaked to run at this voltage. I'm just wondering if there could be another explanation since I can't believe I can't get 230V in a commercial building as well as the sudden change in performance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!