i have diesel service truck and i have over 570,000 miles [ 12,000 hours running time] and i dont have much troble with this engine expect reguar manatince shedule i do change oil every 6,500 miles due alot of idleing time , fuel mpg average about 18 or so the truck weight in near 10,000 lbs with full fuel.

my truck is allready payoff more than once due the engine life and this engine is med-hevey duty btw it is international truck aka navistar and i do pull very hevey load with the diesel, try that with gas motor the gas engine will run very hot and keep pretty high rpm to keep up and one very big plus with diesel my is turbocharged and in the montains or steep hill i have constant power up to 10,000 feet altuide with natual asprated gas motor you will lose much as 30% or maybe little more . you will get the idea with high altuide areas [Linked Image]

btw the dodge sprinter van do get about 22 mpg average but if drive empty it can go much as near 30 mpg with rather large fuel tank in there

merci,marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)