Delectric- I threw a serious topic up in joking way. Maybe a bad move. I try to keep a light heart about things, and sometimes they come out the wrong way.

I've had a few falls myself, and have been fortunate enough not to have had major surgery. Although, I wake up in pain in the middle of the night sometimes. Got to crawl around on the floor until the pain goes away, then try to go back to sleep a few hours later. The fall that got me, was from someone knocking the 4' ladder I was on. I came down on my back, on the window sill. Rolled out, then down to the scaffold the next floor down, where a plasterer grabbed me. If he hadn't, I would have tumbled through the next 4 floors of scaffolding! My bags emptied out, and my hammer hit a woman in the shoulder on the sidewalk below.

The link was from a safety class I gave from the "office chair" today. My boss HATES it! It shows up on jobs where I'll be there for a while. I use it when I have to do alot of plug work. And, when I'm not using it, I let the guys use it. I screwed a tool pouch, and coffee cup holder to it. When I can, I put most of my tools on a cart. I have a pouch mounted to my 6' too. I can't wear bags anymore! The only tools I carry on person are a tape, voltick, a ten in one screw driver, and some light-wieght Knipex lineman's. Everything else is too heavy. As for "rushing", I don't speak that language anymore! [Linked Image]

----------------------------------

"Can you imagine going to work at 6 AM and finding the whole crew standing out there in the mud doing hip stretches?"

While stationed, in Japan, while I was in the Marines. There were alot of Job Sites run by the locals, on Base. And, every morning they would do just that! They would stand in a formation, run through stretches, Ti Chi, etc. with amplified mood music, and a guy leading it on a bull horn. I kid you not! At the time it was real funny, cause we'd be doing the same thing Marine style across the street.
Another interesting thing, they could throw up a 4 story, 40,000 sq' building, start to finish in three months! These weren't cheap buildings either, DOD Spec. military barracks. Saw them do apt. buildings all around town the same way. The way they do it, is they show up with an army of guys. 5 times more than you would see in the states. Imagine showing up for a job with 50 Electricians.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 06-19-2004).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason