My brother is a Master Electrician, and he has invented a new product (a luminiare slip fitter) that greatly reduces the cost of installing outdoor electrical lighting. It also has lots of other benefits. But he’s having a tough time getting the word out beyond his local market.

He’s been working with local South Florida inspectors and suppliers with great results. Warehouses carrying the product are getting repeat sales, but it takes a ton of time and effort to convince a warehouse to stock the product. And there are only so many hours in a day, especially when you make your living as an electrician!

We are looking for new ways to market his product on a broader scale.

If you are electrical contractor, or you are involved in wholesale distribution of electrical products, can you tell us what publications you read on a regular basis?

This is small family owned company with big dreams and a limited marketing budget. We want to get our biggest ‘bang for the buck’ so all suggestions are welcome.

In case you are wondering, the product is patented, UL approved, manufactured here in the US by my brother and his wife, and has the enthusiastic blessing of every inspector who has seen it. I’d love to tell you more, but I don’t want this posting to appear as a thinly veiled attempt to sell you something.

Besides, if I did that, Bill Addiss would yank my posting privileges!

We just need help deciding where to put our marketing funds.

Thanks all.

John

[This message has been edited by John McBride (edited 05-16-2004).]