Hi guys,

I have posted here about an electrical job on the dryer circuit I did for a co-worker and her husband, and I need to "vent" here a little bit. I helped her move in and noticed that there was an older 3-slot receptacle still in the wall, and of course, she had a newer dryer which had an equipment grounding conducter, four prong of course. Well, I went to swap it out and noticed the cable being used was inadequate, being like a 12-2. The guy who put it in was using the neutral as the other hot, and the bare grounding wire as the neutral. Anwyway, I realized I would need to put in Romex 10-3 with ground, which meant getting into the attic and pulling out the old, and putting in the new, and connecting it to the panel. I am a Christian man, who takes his faith seriously, and I wanted to do this good deed to help out a "friend." I did it just to help them, to be a blessing, and I spent probably 11 hours in all helping her move, plus working on this job. Her attitude was totally ungrateful the whole time like they were doing me a favor allowing me to do this job, and I also had the deal with the annoying pestering of her husband who kept on asking me what I was doing, what a grounding wire is and on and on....well, I have a a bit of a sour taste in my mouth at this point. I did not want money, just some gratitude, as it was hard work. I am proud of my work and I stand by it, but now they are freaking out about a "hot" smell coming from inside the dryer, and of course, they do not attach the vent, and plus there is a massive gaping whole in the back of the frame, so of course, they're going to smell heat. Anyway, my wiring is fine, testing at 245v between the two lives....anyway, I am wondering how much they saved money-wise here. What do you guys think? Thanks for letting me "vent." I'm a little angry...