I agree Bren & Al. I realized the benefits of community several years ago when I met a great inspector that wasn't out to show everyone how much smarter he was, he was just enthusiastic about the NEC, and had a humble way of getting me enthusiastic too. He told me about a class he was teaching at a local trade association, and I joined. There I met a few other great people. Good experience, good work ethic, people you could really benefit from being around.

Well a few years ago, due to time and money constraints, I let my membership lapse. It wasn’t until a couple of months ago I stumbled in here and began to reap the benefits of community again. Although the biggest difference about this place is, you can’t beat the price or the convenience and the quantity and quality of expertise is unmatched.

Nice work Bill! As far as people being more civil here than elsewhere, this is the only place I’ve really been. And not being here long enough to watch this thing evolve I can’t speak to this with absolute certainty, but I can only believe that the level of professionalism and decency to one another is largely do to the moderators who kind of set the pace. So hats off to you. But then again, Bill, you pick the moderators right? So they really can be seen as a reflection of you, your standards, or your vision. Everyone has a role here, but I just want to recognize the importance of Bill’s and the moderators. Thanks.