The last time I was here I was an Electrician (Stingray) now I am a contractor (Delectric), Its been quite awhile. Anyway about 2 months ago I actually started working for myself and all has been well until yesterday. I finished a job as written on the bid with one exception. I had been at this location for double the calculated time because I was nice enough to ad extras for nothing and then the last item coulnd't be done because of the wrong part. I said I would be back in a week. (had to jump to another job)No problem with that except I wanted some compensation for work completed, especially since all the extras were done. I asked for 3/4 of the bid even though the bid was complete with one minor exception. The customer asked for more work to be done even though it was not part of the bid (he has a copy and we went over it prior to working. Trying to accomodate, I agreed, but in a week. Again I asked for 3/4's of the pay and he refused saying he didn't feel that much was done. He tried to give me 1/2 and I refused (this after arguing for 1-1/2 hours), I left after telling him I would file a lien ( I'm trying to keep this short). What would some of you do?

One of the better ones-
Electricians do it without shorts.