I just found this site last night while searching for Electrical codes. (This site was in the top 20 of my Yahoo search) Needless to say I spent most of the night reading all the great information and looking at some of the hilarious, yet somewhat disturbing pictures. (The floating receptacle still has me laughing)

Anyway some background info. I started work with a non-union shop here in Atlanta about 3 years ago. I worked there for about 6 months and didn't hardly learn a thing. It was the type of place that had a guy for everything. This guy gets material (was me). this guy makes up panels, this guy bends pipe, etc. No one ever got a chance to do anything else. It was very frustrating to want to learn, but have no one to teach you.

I worked a couple of jobs in between then and now. I joined up with the Local 613 in Atlanta through their apprenticeship and things have taken off. I found out I can actually bend pipe. They guys I work with are all great. They have no problem letting an apprentice get in there and get their hands dirty. I have messed up a few things, but the knowledge I have gained far outweighs the few sticks of 3/4 EMT I botched up..
I find that I learn alot more OJT than I do in the school,but I do see a purpose for the school also.

Anyway, sorry for the long read. I just felt it a little necessary to give some background info.

Thanks,

GA76Apprentice

Philip

"If common sense was common, everyone would have it"-not sure, someone here