I'll jump in here, I might get slammed, but I'm just telling it like it is. In my area, the only required license is for the owner of the company. I can then hire hundreds of helpers to do the work, none of whom are required to have any training. Of coarse I'm responsible for their work. This does concern me. Each of my trucks has a lead man that I trust and who's work I know and trust and each truck has a helper that is in training. I wish I could look at all the work that is being done, but I can't. I do get to 90% of the job sites and spot check, but some jobs I never even see. I recognize this as a potential problem and I am trying to come up with a solution. I'm joining the IEC for the training programs that they offer for the employees. I did recently hire an assistant to do much of my office work so I can be more on the job sites more.

Also in my state we are only required to have 4 hours of continuing ed per year and it's a joke, go pay your fee, eat the snacks or buffet, listen to a speaker and hopefully leave after 2 hours with your certificate for 4 hours.