Iwire and LK, do you guys/gals perform load calcs on your projects or just try to oversize everything to be safe. I personally do at least a minimal amount of estimating on nearly every circuit I run. If you are experienced and knowledgeable, it takes almost no time at all. This reminds me of the time a carpenter was "ribbing me" about using 14-2 in the bedrooms of a home. He said he always used 12-2 when he worked in an area that didn’t require licensing and allowed anyone to call themselves an electrician. In that particular case, I put less than 8 receptacles on 15A circuit and loaded the lighting circuits to well under 80% of the max I thought they would ever see. Some people think they can try to oversize everything and always be safe. The truth is, if you don't really know all aspects of what you are doing, you are going to perform a number of non-code compliant actions. It doesn't take much of an imagination to think of the "electrical atrocities" that an average carpenter may perform. I would never pretend to be a homebuilder without the proper training for fear of the harm I may do.

1) Iwire and LK, how would you perform the voltage drop calculations?

2) If you read my first post more carefully you will realize I don't aim for the minimum. I was trying to explain to Delton how to make a complete analysis instead of a blind stab in the dark.

3) Can chapter nine, table nine be used here (second attempt for an answer)? I use two different methods for voltage drop but have never heard about using some three-phase table for a single-phase application.