I did like working in South Carolina, I think work was trying to get my head to explode, I worked one week in NYC with a bunch of local 3 boys, then to SC, then back to NYC, then back to SC. I never realized what a difference there is in the general pace of life
I never worked in SC, but I traveled all around that area back in '93, and SC certainly has some lovely small towns and a relaxed atmosphere.

Working in Nebraska was good, with lots of open spaces and some interesting historical places to visit in between (I was near to where the old Oregon trail passed through), but getting up and heading out on a sub-zero winter morning took some doing!

Over here in England, I've reached the point where I don't want to work anywhere that involves a big town/city. All of them are just getting far too crowded and fast-paced for my liking. Out here in the countryside it's much more easy-going, and suits me much better.

I got a job as a Slaughterman at the local Abbatoirs (is there an equivalent term in the US?), lasted 1 and a half years there
Abattoir = slaughterhouse.

I'm not a vegetarian, but there's no way I could do a job like that. I don't think I could bring myself to pull the trigger.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 02-20-2004).]