..I'm having trouble with one of my guys.He's been with me longer than the new guy I recently hired..Trouble is that he's young,and recently has become alot less motivated and enthusiastic in his work..The new guy on the other hand, shows promise,and is raise material...I've had "pep talks" with him and he'd be ok for a few days,then back into the slump..I'm giving the new guy more responsibilities,and he gets the job done...I want to sack the other guy, but I'm soft in that area...I've never sacked anyone yet...Should I have another "talk" with him or just give him the boot,and let him collect unemployment,...which is probably what he'd like to do anyhow,since he seemsto be so lazy...He claims he has "bad days" due to his financial woes and his girlfriend is on the fritz with him....What to do..?? He is dead weight,and it isn't right that I pay him for showing up, and being a zombie...He just don't care about the work...just in getting paid...I've had it...Anyone else here have this problem??
Disgusted,..AR

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"