Had a first on friday, one of my guys was on the way to the supply house, the roads were slick and he decided to slam into the rear of another car. Hold on it gets better!

He calls me on the radio and tells me he had an accident. So i ask are you ok, is everybody ok? He said yes. So i take off to the site of the accident to see for myself and talk with the police. Well the problem is the employee driving my truck is not on the company insurance and was not supposed to be driving.

So the best that i can figure is I'll have to eat the repair of both vehicles and I'm guessing it's gonna run about $8K - $10K.

Now I know I'm not the first business owner that this has happened to but i can only imagine that this will drive my insurance through the roof not to mention put a huge dent in the bank account. Plus we are slammed right now and need every truck on the job.

I'll meet with my agent tomorrow to see what can be done if anything.

So guys, if you have employees in company vehicles, make sure they know the rules and comply with them. I will have to discipline this employee and hope for the best. Ahh the joys of being the boss?????

[This message has been edited by arseegee (edited 01-11-2004).]