From the IAEI page;{ http://www.iaei.org/}

The primary concern of the IAEI is consumers' safety. Knowing that mishandled electricity can become extremely dangerous, perhaps even fatal, IAEI and its members are committed to improving design, installation, inspection, and usage of energy.

From the NFPA’s page; {http://www.nfpa.org/RegionalNews/index.asp}

NFPA has established regional offices to promote the adoption of NFPA codes and standards by state and local authorities, assure appropriate representation at code hearings and legislative sessions, coordinate activities with NFPA staff and key constituencies, and identify ways NFPA services can improve fire, building, and life safety in their regions.

I truly believe the people that began these organizations had the public’s safety in mind , and probably ran with that ball to their , and ultimately our trades , benefit.

Yet i’m willing to bet those pioneers wouldn’t like the smell of the cash cow that permeates them now , along with the current residents unwilling to rock the boat for that original cause, but who in a cushy position is really going to do that?…. and who is really pushing them to ?

much of what the NEC appears to be amounting to is nothing more than dwelling on frivolous minutia geared to evolving into something soon needing optional wheels, while it’s enforcement, and education, does not proportionally follow suit.

This in itself becomes a great recipe for alienation because in reality we’d probably be safer to have the ’54 NEC 90% enforced , than have the ’02 10% enforced

Small towns consistently turn down the creation of ordinances they can’t enforce, yet the feds continue to pump out unfunded mandates , anyone with the brains God gave geese can vouch that these only serve to justify the existence of a self involved oligarchy, who’s efficy in the trenches amounts to little more than a paper tiger

Volunteerism, as well as small biz is dying on the vine here via this phenomenon

Too much government is just as bad as too little, or that which administered so inequitable by merely crossing state borders , looses all recognition or validity. A level playing field becomes an bona fide issue when what is a criminal offense in one locale’ is passé a mile away…

violation after repetitive violation are posted here, as well as other trade forums, and the colorful quips that follow serve as testimony to this

I hear there’s a national shortage of sparky’s, and I wonder if the kids whom are counseled now realize the greater % of what they do as a tradesman may never achieve compliance in an unstable field raft with opportunists of every stripe, so in all sincerity I gotta ask, who’s the fool?

It our trade folks, and if your not pissed off, your either too cozy in your little corner of it wearin’ your NEC colored glasses, or just not paying attention to the bigger pix here, divided as we are now we’ll eventually fall…

Grass root support inspired these organizations , and Grass root can restructure them, , voice your discontent ,question authority, most importantly follow the money , and you’ll be your brothers keeper, many hands are going to be the only salvation for our trades future...

Peace out…~S~