I had a guy once who had agreed to my price and signed a contract. When I was done he wanted to beat me down on the agreed upon price. He said I wasn't worth $30.00 an hour. He said he had worked in an automotive factory(one of the big 3) for 25 years and he only made $26.00 an hour. He was a production worker, not skilled trade.
I pointed out to him that he made a lot more than that once you figured in his employer's half of social security, his health insurance and prescription program, retirement, paid vacation, worker's comp, paid sick days and 5 figure a year profit sharing. Plus he didn't have to furnish his own tools and equipment to do his job and if he had to stay late they paid him time and a half; double time on Sundays and holidays! So figuring on the fly, we came up with him making about $52.50 an hour if you count all the benefits.We figured I get to keep about $11.75 of my $30.00 an hour. So I asked him, "Wouldn't it honk you off if the company met you at the timeclock every Friday afternoon and tried to beat you down on the amount of your paycheck?" He gave me a check with his apologies.