Our real goal is absolute operator safty and radiated RF to computer devices. i doubt if the situation described with the metal bridging the work table and other machinery will ever come up. This is a small prototype shop and is just not going to be that crowded.
The welding machine has a #6 ground back to the panel. I was thinking in terms of a Equipotential Plane as was discussed in a different thread concerning dairy barns on this system. Though originally discussed for a dairy barn would this concept be of any value in this sort of a situation?
Our current choices are bond the rebar system with attached grounding rods to the panel, the panel and work table or just the work table or to nothing. I would think one of these choices would make the most sense in opertor safety and electrical noise. From what we have seen most welders seem to tossed into an installation plugged in and if there is a problem the search for a fix starts. We are trying to do a class install and have no fix needed later as they are costly and time consuming at best, at worst other equiptment gets damaged or someone gets hurt.
Dave