citizenwatch,

Welcome to ECN!
I'm sure that was a surprise to those guys!

About 10 years back my father-in-law had a car (Sable I think) which developed this really bad smell that he couldn't get rid of - for weeks and weeks. I drove the car for a week myself and the smell was unbelievable, even though the whole interior was doused with perfume and whatever they could find. He finally brought the car to the dealer to see what was going on. The story goes that they had it up on the rack and were looking inside the air ducts and an 8 ft. Snake carcass comes sliding out on them.

My brother-in-law (late teens at the time) had been told by his Mother to get rid of his pet Snake, she didn't want it in the house anymore. He decide to take it to some friends houses to see who would take it. At some stop along the way he came back to the car and found that the Snake got out of it's cage/tank and he thought it had escaped. (windows open I guess). As we all found out later, it had just crawled into the AC/Heater ductwork. He never said a thing about the missing snake in all that time...

Bill

Bill